Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Burrrr-gundy (Trend Alert #3)

Hello hello my precious jewels,
How is our week starting out? I had quite the interesting day. I met a few really nice girls through an activity, and that's one of the things I love most.
Anyways, what we are really hear to talk about is about the fall-winter color this season. To be honest it's been here last fall-winter season as well. It is, as guessed by the title, burgundy. Deep wine reds, blood reds, and plumy reds are all welcome this season. The warmth festivity of this color brings the slightest pop of color into the regular neutral fall outfits. It's been seen on the runways in almost every big name designer's show. One of my personal favorites is Sophie Theallet's dress that's shown to the right. It is so sexy, feminine, and yet quite wearable for a designer piece. This shade is rather more of a crisp cherry red, and this entire piece seems to be inspired by an Indian Sari perhaps, which I love. Another Favorite is Jason Wu's cape shown to the left. It's a much deeper, more purple toned, wine shade, and the lace detailing on the shoulders is just so sexy and precious, also quite wearable.
Obviously, to me at least, most people can't really afford to pay for such designer items. What can we do about it? What can we do about it? Oh, yea, there are some other companies that makes clothes on earth that are far less expensive.
Here are a few less expensive options:
American Eagle Outfitters' burgundy corduroy pants. I love the uber skinny cut on these. I think that their deep unusual color for a pant is very flattering. You can cuff the ends even to make it look like it's elongating your legs. It's not the brightest burgundy so it plays off pretty neutral, or neutral enough to put it together with almost every color you want.

Another more lively choice would be a sweater from Forever 21. I love that it looks like a wafer knitting. It looks real warm and soft for winter and can be layered on top of a collared shirt to make it a little more preppy. love this color, which is a bit more on the orange side than the previous true plum red.


Another option is this short sleeved sweater from Pac Sun. It has a really burnt red, and tribally feel to it, which, you probably know by now, I am head over heels for. It suits the people who live in the warmer climates, much like myself, and still want to wear the fall trends.


A pop of color option for an outfit could be this leather clutch from urban Outfitters. I personally don't feel the most comfortable with leather-y things, but I mean if you do, by all means, this clutch is a gorgeous, very wearable piece.



A favorite from the list to me is this warm jacket by Topshop. It is a really dark, almost brown, shade of burgundy, oxblood, whatever you call it. It reminds me a lot of my rain coat, which is basically the same, but is in gray, which I love.


Now that you see all the options, look in your closet, or your mom's, or you sister's, or whomever's, maybe even you brother or boyfriend, and search for a little something burgundy to add to your outfit. Might end up looking gorgeous.
XOXO Roni J.

No comments:

Post a Comment