Monday, September 17, 2012

Ronan

Hey girls.
Today I was about to write to you about all the drama I've experienced on Saturday, but yesterday I hear Taylor Swift's new song called Ronan, and decided I want to write about it more.
It was the first I had heard it last night. I got home after a big family dinner, and I sat down at the computer, and saw OhhmyAnnie's cover of it in my subscription box, and before I even heard the cover I looked it up, and decided to listen to the original. I love Taylor Swift, because her songs are so relatable, and they move me. I am that kind of person that the lyrics matter more in my opinion than the beat or melody. Taylor has those kinds of songs. 
I listened to a version that explained the story behind the song and had the lyrics at the bottom. I read the story and then progressed to listening to the song while reading the lyrics. I can honestly say that I cried big time. 
I am very much a person that doesn't cry much about their own pain, but when I see someone else cry, I tear up like crazy. I cry in movies, books, songs. I cry when I see someone else crying. Other people's pain is more painful to me for some reason. 
Anyways, going back to the song, the song is talking about a four year old boy named Ronan that died of cancer a few years ago. Taylor saw his story somewhere on his mom's blog or something and teamed up with his mother to create this beautiful, emotional song in the memory of this beautiful little boy. 
I would like it very much if you guys could read through the lyrics while listening to the song:
I remember your bare feet down the hallway
I remember your little laugh
Race cars on the kitchen floor
Plastic dinosaurs, I love you to the moon and back

I remember your blue eyes looking into mine like we had our own
secret club
I remember you dancing before bed time then jumping on me waking
me up
I can still feel you hold my hand
Little man, from even that moment I knew
You fought it hard like an army guy
Remember I leaned in and whispered to you

Chorus:
Come on baby with me
We're gonna fly away from here
You were my best four years

I remember the drive home when the blind hope
Turned to crying and screaming, "Why?"
Flowers piled up in the worst way
No one knows what to say about a beautiful boy who died

And it's about to be Halloween
You could be anything you wanted if you were still here
[| From: http://www.elyrics.net/read/t/taylor-swift-lyrics/ronan-lyrics.html |]
I remember the last day when I kissed your face
I whispered in your ear

Come on baby with me
We're gonna fly away from here
Out of this curtained room in this hospital
We'll just disappear
Come on baby with me
We're gonna fly away from here
You were my best four years

What if I'm standing in your closet trying to talk to you?
What if I kept the hand me downs you won't grow into?
And what if I really thought some miracle would see us through?
But what if the miracle was even getting one moment with you

Come on baby with me
We're gonna fly away from here
Come on baby with me
We're gonna fly away from here
You were my best four years

I remember your bare feet down the hallway
I love you to the moon and back


I would like to dedicate this post to all the families battling this horrid illness together, to all the little boys and girls that have to grow up in one moment and hold their family together even if they're struggling, to all the mothers and fathers that have to put on a brave face and make what could be their kids' first and last years on earth amazing. We are all here for you and wish we had a cure for your biggest pain.
Be compassionate and loving to one another, and try, some times, at least, to look outside of the bubble we all create for ourselves, and take time to do something for other people.
RIP to all the Ronans out there, and great strength to their loving families.
Love very much, XOXO Roni J.

No comments:

Post a Comment