Monday, February 25, 2013

What The Fudge?!

Want me to tell you about the weirdest night of my life?! No? Well, I really don't give much of a fudge so I shall tell you anyways.
Just a few hours ago I found myself in the middle of a parking lot very late at night. A girl two years younger than I am being sick all over herself, all over my friend's car, and all over Mr. Guy, who's surprisingly being the responsible adult in charge, and a total gentleman holding her hair up for her while she's sick. And the entire class of '13 watching from the sidelines, except for a few guys that volunteer for the Red Cross and tried helping her in positioning her and keeping her hydrated. Me included; I was watching from afar as if she were a sad clown at a circus that came from a far away land, in which the culture had nothing to do with my own. People just ran back and forth carrying car parts that had sick all over them to wash in a nearby yard of some abandoned house, including Mr. Guy, again acting like the responsible adult, and like a total gentleman. How did we get there?! Well, this is it from my point of view.
Class trip 2013, about a week ago, during a great, amazing, awesome party. It was literally great. The energy was so high up, and, although most people had a few (not so few) drink (at all), most of my friends, surprisingly enough, didn't drink at all, and yet we all came out thinking it was the best party we've been in in a long time. We all had so much fun. The setting on the beach at night was so perfect, as we got a little far from the desert and inched towards the ocean for that night. It was windy enough, but not cold. It was't humid a single bit like it is back home. And all of a sudden, the wind carried whispers about an odd pairing in our grade. Mr. Guy, and a very desperate girl, who shall be named Miss Sunshine, for the sake of this post only, I shall hope, and for reasons who shall be kept secret for my ears only, walked hand in hand towards the shore, which was the far end of the club we were in. Whispers like "she's been all over him for months, maybe he's finally giving in even though she's ugly" reached my ears, but me, having my eyes set on Mr. Perfect, and Mr. Guy at the same time, didn't take it to heart much, because I wasn't too into the story (even when Mr. Perfect himself had his heart broken by another girl that very party). I also didn't care much about those rumors, because I know this girl a little better than most people that talked about her like that because we were on the same delegation, and although she might be a little desperate, she's a sweet girl, and if they care for each other, than all hale Mr. Guy and Miss Sunshine.
I was kinda tired of all the things boy related until a very weird thing had occurred with Mr. Guy. On the last night the school had decided that we'll sleep in huge tents- one for the boys and another for the girls. Before heading to the showers that were there, I had taken a walk with a friend of mine to catch up seeing as we haven't talked in a long time, and she had a few things to tell me. As we walk out of our own tent, where we had placed our stuff, Mr. Guy walks out of the boys' tent and asks me a question I have no answer to. I then told him that I was freezing, because the desert nights will freeze you booty off. A second later, as if synchronized, we both tug at each others' sweatshirts, pulling each other close into a very deep, very long hug. He put his hand in my hair pulling me even closer, and we were just standing there for, literally, two minutes while my friend's waiting for me, and while  his friend is waiting for him. Just standing there, breathing in and out. My friend then proceeded to look at me weird. And I felt weird enough about that hug even without her looking at me funny. That odd feeling spread across my face in the shape of a warm, blushing smile the entire night. That is until I saw him sitting with Miss Sunshine all cuddled up together.
Come yesterday night we go out sitting with a group of a few people, comprising of Mr. Guy, Miss Sick who tagged along for no apparent reason, myself, and many more. We sit there talking, and some how when Miss Sick gets drunk stupid, and then drunk sad, people say that she's drinking so much to grab Mr. Guy's attention. Obviously, the curious person that I am, I had to ask, having absolutely no personal interest in the matter whatsoever. They say that she's been in love with him since last year when she was a Freshman and he was a Senior. She has written him on Facebook all the time, and he, being the playaaa that he is and the manly man that he is, didn't really put her off. Then we get many many texts in our groups on WhatsApp talking about how Miss Sunshine and Mr. Guy might have been together on the party this passing Friday. I know Miss Sunshine didn't really give it to him, because she said so herself, and we are friends, even though she can come across as a smidge desperate. So then Miss Sick's friend takes her to the side, and they disappear for a while, and Mr. Guy goes in to check on them. A half hour later we go there on the way home, and realize that she's been sick all over herself, almost lost consciousness, and a few guys from my grade that happened to be there with the rest of my grade that didn't come with us, but went on their own to the very same place, giving her first aid, trying to help her. And that's after she's already  been sick in my friend's car, a friend who wanted to take her home.
I then realize that Miss Sick over heard all the people laughing at Mr. Guy and Miss Sunshine's supposed affair, and got jealous. That's the reason why her friend texted Mr. guy to come help her with Miss Sick, and that is the reason he felt obligated to help her. Actually, no, that was a complete lie. I did not realize it then.
What did happen is that today I spoke to him for hours and hours. I started a conversation telling him it was sweet and gentleman-like of him to help her like this, and hold her hair away from her face and all. Then again we went on and on talking about many other things. Many of them were him complimenting me, and being all sweet. Later on my friends come over, and my friend talks to me about last night saying how she's pissed at him for playing Miss Sick like that, and that was weird, because that friend of mine has always been very loving towards him, and she's really good friends with him. And she was mad at him for saying that he's doesn't want to play girls like this anymore, and he's looking for something different. "Different my ass" were her words.
THAT was when I realized what happened. And that was the moment I realized I've been acting just as stupid as Miss Sick, letting him play me like he actually cares. I don't know if that is true, but I do know that that friend of mine (she's not single if you thought she likes him or anything. She actually really wanted us to e together this entire time) is a really good friend to the both of us, and that if she tells me something like this then:
a. She's not lying
b. He probably is the one who told her, which makes it rather truthful, more than the rumors about Miss Sunshine and him, that is.
I've been played. Over all before Miss Sick got terribly sick, the night was really great. I had a few nice bonding moments with all sorts of people that I haven't a chance to talk to much, or at all in the past.
This is a song he sent me today while playing me. I quite like it, so at least we've found a new song we didn't know about it. There always is a bright side :)
Sorry I have been a little MIA. Talk soon. XOXO Roni J.

No comments:

Post a Comment