Sunday, December 16, 2012

Hero

Hello pretty humans of the earth,
how are you doing? I wanted today's post to be a little less shallow than the usual clothes, make up, and such that are usually what is going on in here, and a little less shallow than boy drama, and high school drama that, I mean, are inevitable when you're in high school.
A few days ago, right before I was about to head off to run errands for my winter ball, and I hear this craziness about a school shooting in Connecticut. I'm almost certain that the big majority of us has already heard about this. I was absolutely shocked. Frightened.
The idea that a living creature could just go and murder so many people, so many of which were innocent pure kids is simply incomprehensible to me. I don't know what went through that man's head, and I am certain I have no interest in finding out, but I cannot possibly grasp any possible reason to do such things.
The actual thing I wanted to say is that my heart goes out to all that were affected; to all the parents that lost their children; to all who have lost dear people; to all that had to witness such a thing by seeing, hearing, or feeling any of it; to all that had to go through the terror of thinking any of their loved ones had been hurt. My heart goes out to all of them.
The only thing I am capable of doing right now for you is to pray (as I am believing) for your lost ones and for you, because this world is so big and there I am so small, hoping that the little that I'm doing is even close to being enough, but knowing that nothing will ever be enough to amend your hearts that shattered to pieces that day, and that I can't take the pain that you're feeling right now, not now not ever, but still hoping that I can ease it just a little by telling you I'm here.
It's hard to see this world go nuts and slip out of your hands when not so long ago you believed it is all under control and that some hero will fix anything that isn't. I sat in the car and heard Hero by Nickelback the day that it happened, and it just described what I felt about the whole event, and about having our world slip out of our small tiny hands. I thought about all the heroes that sacrificed their lives that day, and that line kept popping into my head "They say that a hero can save us. I'm not gonna stand here and wait". I heard it and thought how amazing what they did was. They did not stand there and wait for a hero, because those heroes that were supposed to come and save them were far too late. They acted upon it, even though it cost them their lives.
I just think that's all that we can do in this world to make it a better place. We need to be our own heroes. We need to put other people's lives and feeling before our own, because that's the true essence of love. Because another stanza in the song says: "Someone told me love would all save us, but how can that be? Look what love gave us; a world full of killing, and blood-spilling. That world never came", and I myself would love to believe that someone that told him that love would save us. I want to believe that by loving people hard enough, that honest, humble kind of love, not the one that involves jealousy and hatred, that love, that love can make this place just a tiny bit better. That love can stop that one person from committing suicide. That love can make that one girl not throw up her entire meal. That love can just as well stop a lonely sad soul from harming others.
I hope this makes some sense to all of you. I hope you think this through, and maybe think before you say something mean to someone, or think of the selfless thing to do. Because even if it only made you think twice, and you still said what you said, that is one step closer to thinking about it and realizing you shouldn't. Love you all. Remember that. For anything you need I'm here RoniJsway@gmail.com <3 Don't be afraid to ask any question <3
Roni J. 

No comments:

Post a Comment